Missed out


Yesterday I was so busy in W1 with a meeting at the office, hitting the Missoni sample sale, checking out Anthropologie new store via the Christmas lights in Oxford/Regent St and rushing to make the train back to the 'burbs' I totally forget an important textile auction was happening. I missed out on the most amazing finds, a quantity of vintage Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Fendi bags. The black velvet Baguette went for #120 and the Chanel 2.55 went for #130 - all within my budget and two pairs of the classic Chanel pump shoes (in MY SIZE) went for #90!! GUTTED - I should have left a bid with the auction house on Monday when I looked over all the items. The chances of me being able to hit Bond Street to buy these items new are v.v.v.v.v. slim. I'm no fashion snob, I won't buy fakes but I don't mind vintage, pre-owned or lightly used designer goodies if they are long-term classics. I shall have to keep scanning The Saleroom for other auctions and this time be a bit more organised.

Comments

Popular Posts