Facing April

Spring weather has been a real mixed bag so far and my skin doesn't know how to cope: I've been using Skinesis for a while and then we had a really hot sunny spell so I dashed out to buy a new moisturiser with a 30 SPF by This Works, then it went cold and wet again so I switched back to Skinesis but it wasn't helping my drier patches (I have combination skin) so I stopped by L'Occitane and bought the Shea Butter Creme with SPF 20. Yes fickle beauty junkie me... any excuse to purchase new lotions and potions!

The L'Occitane is a more solid moisturiser, balm like which needs to be warmed up more in your palms before applying to the face. The Shea butter smells wonderful and leaves my complexion really soft.

I've now heard the weather forecast is going to hot up again with a 3 month heatwave hitting these shores- unreal!! But at least I have the This Works lotion ready to protect my face. I truly thank the hindsight I had at 30 to stop sun bathing and use all season sun protection - its really helped prevent the deep wrinkles and preserve what I had. I'm not trying to hold back time and look younger, that would be silly, I'm proud to be in my 40's !

Comments

Popular Posts