40 years and 9 days

No tear, no tantrums (well not by me) and my face hasn't dramatically aged overnight since turning 40 - my greatest fear. The office gave me a sweet little celebration and a lot of 'well I would never had known you were that old' and 'whats your beauty secret?' written in the cards. So here's a list of what I've been slathering on and right now my skin has never looked and felt smoother!

Daily routine
Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
Clarins Toning lotion with Iris
Clarins Vital Light Serum
Champneys Collagen Intense Eye Therapy
Origins Brighter by Nature SPF 35 moisturiser

Twice a week
Elemis Skin Buff exfoiliator

Once a week
Elemis Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Gel Mask
I picked these products mainly for their toning, exfoliating and brightening properties. I think dull looking skin is very ageing. I have some dark patches on my face (NOT age spots) when I was last pregnant with the twins that has never really faded. So I hope with more regular use they may also start to go away too. I don't suffer from any deep lines or creases in my face (unlike D with is Sid James forehead) but I put that down to giving up sunbathing at 10 years ago and not smoking (smug me). No crows feet, no eye-bags, no puppet lines. Lucky old me!

Its never been a chore to look after my skin - I like putting in the effort of having a beauty routine. The skin is your biggest organ and has so many functions protecting you daily from infection, UV light, pollution, waterproofing ...you gotta love your skin and care for it Ladies. You're worth it...

Comments

  1. I must try Elemis - keep meaning to, just haven't got around to it yet.

    I have been really loving Evelom lately - only had samples however must invest in the full sized one.

    Oh, and darling you're one of the most fabulous forty year olds - you certainly don't look it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop bragging, it will all go downhill from now, I didn't have a wrinkle at 40 and now my face resembles a bit of crepe paper! lol, OK not quite! Anyway you knows I love Liz Earle along with the Eve Lom, my two fave cleansers. I have never tried Elemis though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Be nice and kind - only comments you would be happy for your gran/mum/daughter to read. Thank you

Popular Posts