Bag lady - for the OCD in me

I've been doing my bit for the environment, taking reusable bags with me to the shops. I have the string net ones, canvas tote ones, cooler bags - all accumulated over the years. I have a particular favourite bag given to me by my aunt from HK. It's shaped like a strawberry when folded up which you can buy  here - perfect to keep in your daily handbag for lunch time trips to Boots etc.

Ocado still delivers our weekly shop but t'husband still likes to go out and shop for food as he always complain I never order anything exciting to eat. I have to remind him that the Ocado delivery is more for the bulky stuff e.g. loo rolls, cleaning stuff, jars and canned goods. It's a leftover legacy from when I used to have to order a mountain of nappies for the babies and couldn't get out of the house - please don't troll me about why I didn't use terry cloth nappies - first baby came in the wintertime and I had no where to wash and dry them all, second pregnancy I had twins and there was no way I had the energy and time to clean reusable nappies with 3 under 3!

Anyhow back to bags...the OCD inside me hate the fact all the bags are different shapes, colours etc. I mean the string ones are good for carrying fruit (but if you place them on the floor they can't hold their shape so it all spills out), the canvas ones are great for cereal boxes and square sized packages; but nothing matches! Grrrr #firstworldproblems

I've been looking on-line to see what's out there rather than get a hideous branded 'bag for life' one from the supermarket. Isn't the internet a wonder place for shopping *sigh*.

I came across these by Reisenthel who are a Germany company that makes colourful bags for all your shopping needs. Shipping to the UK from Germany is a flat rate of €8.95 and I think these would make great fun house warming gifts or for newlyweds if you filled them up with thoughtful goodies. Maybe you have an older child who is flying the nest and going away to Uni - you can fill a basket with store cupboard essentials and they can re-use their bags when they have to fend for themselves.

Mini Maxi Basket €29.95



reisenthel® bottlebag kiwi green
 € 9.95 Bottle Bag (if you read the reviews - there is a hysterical one: perfect for carrying wines onto your yacht) 

9,95 €


bottlebag ruby dots9,95 €
reisenthel® easyshoppingbag red red
Easy Shopping bag €16.95, this one clips onto your shopping trolley when you open up the top


reisenthel® coolerbag dots black
Cooler bag €29.95 double insulated inside perfect for chilled goods and picnics 
Happy Shopping
twosp x

Comments

Popular Posts