Where am I?

I had to make a quick dash to John Lewis to get a wedding present so I took a short cut to avoid the masses in Oxford Street in my lunch break.....that took me via BHS -  the side entrance next door to the London College of Fashion . Where I was hit in the face by the shoe display. I nearly did a double take 'where am I' is this not British Home Stores??? If the security guard hadn't been so threatening I would have whipped out my phone to take a photo. The shoes wouldn't have looked out of place in Office or soon to be departed Faith. And at those prices I could see how competitively priced (read cheap) and fashion forward these were. OK there were the naff comfortable slippers and some seriously orthopedic footwear for the more mature ladies. As I cruised through I spotted brightly coloured tights by Jonathan Aston perfect for this changeable weather where I seem to alternate between thick opaque tights and bare legs - a great alternative place to get hosiery (as sometimes the teens in Topshop just depress me). There were some 'from distance, squint your eyes and pretend they almost look like Stella McCartney for Addidas' sporty blouson style jackets in pastel hues. OK, OK I have really bad eyes so work with me here. BHS is not a high street store that's usually on my radar. Although they have a great homeware section (collaborations with Kelly Hoppen comes to mind) I should drop by more often and give it a bit more time to check out.

Comments

  1. Yes at last BHS gets some credence! I have to say I grew rather fond of it over my time at LCF - they do have some hidden gems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I popped in to look at their bridesmaids dresses at a friends recommendation and was really suprised by some of the stuff in store. A great reminder not to ignore stores you might otherwise forget!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Be nice and kind - only comments you would be happy for your gran/mum/daughter to read. Thank you

Popular Posts