Spring? Delayed again

After the snowy & chilly weather; things seem to be heading back to more normal (ie rainy/wet) but I hear there is going to be another cold front heading to the UK this weekend :-(

Some panic internet shopping to ensure we are all suited and booted with appropriate cold/wet weather gear...fleece lined tacksuit pants for me, winter walking boots for the twins. It's a pleasant surprise to find the high street stores have their mid season sales on (again?). I thought it would be rude not to get this lovely Duvet coat from Whistles with a lightening bolt print all over.

Marked down to 125 GBP - I bought it in store at Harvey Nichols their Whistles concession but its sold out on their website . I had a voucher to spend from my lovely work collegues (Thanks guys). It's very warm when on but light weight with a detachable hood, the only bug bear I have with it, it's not rainproof!

I found out the hard way after being in a downpour and after 20 minutes deluge, the raid was seeping in from the shoulders seams and soaked into my sweatshirt underneath. I have the same problem with my Barbour Anya Hindmarch Minx coat from 2010. I had previously blogged about it after waiting twice on the waiting list for it.

I wish I could find a proper winter coat that was also rain proof. I have a Jack Wolfskin light quilted coat and a Lululemon rain jacket which keeps the water out but are not warm enough so I have to layer up with a Uniqlo Ultra light down compact jacket underneath. Which normally works but sometimes I just don't want to layer up I just want to put on 1 coat and leave in the morning. This is probably why I have so many coats as one does not tick all the boxes. I need a smarter one to wear to the office and puffy style ones don't scream smart  (but they are warm). Suggestions welcomed if you have found winter warm coat that is waterproof but smart...

twosp x





Comments

Popular Posts