What to wear on a plane

I couldn't think of a snappier title for this post :-) It was that or Travelling Pants

I was following a tweet thread; crowd sourcing ideas on what to wear when travelling on a plane. The Millennial consensus was to opt for a hoody and sweatpants combo. Keeping it casual and comfy. However if were getting onto a plane for work it’s always better to look a bit smarter among your work colleagues. From Warehouse Culottes they are going to be a big trend this year.

If you were worried about cold ankles, wear a pair of knee high socks underneath and ankle boots. Pair with a Top Shop Striped Top

Layer over a denim shirt or knitwear for extra warmth as planes do get chilly inside. Alternatively try these Top Shop Plisse Trousers 

I have several similar trousers in the plisse fabric – you may freak that’s it’s polyester but the fabric is very comfortable next to your skin. No sweatiness as the construction of the pleated fabric means it does not stick to your skin. If I had the income I would be dressed head to toe in Issey Miyake’s  Pleats PleaseIf it’s good enough for talented Pianist Mitsuko Kouchida to wear on stage, it’s good enough for me. A terrific musician who I have seen live at the Barbican. Such vigour and passion in her playing.

Or if your trip is for a holiday then this ASOS Oversized Sweat Dress with Balloon sleeve ASOS Sweat Dress as the tweet thread was very specific about  having a longer top to cover bottoms (???)

Paired with  Lululemon or Sweaty Betty activity leggings this would be the ultimate comfort choice. Activity leggings have a lot of stretch and special sweat wicking fibres to keep you cool.  Both these brands, although pricey (I only shop them when on sale) are really good quality and wash and wear so well. Why buy anything new if you can shop from your wardrobe?  

& don’t forget the sunnies! Australian brand Le Specs started out on Bondi Beach, so I’m really envious it’s the Summer down under. I cannot remember the feeling of hot sunshine on my skin , it’s been like forever…. I am loving these pink tinted glasses and the affordable funky range is stocked by Net-a-Porter and Selfridges. 

I have also seen the odd pair in TK Maxx so do go and hunt down a pair. My favorite lunchtime activity! 


Comments

Popular Posts