Ladies Day at the races


I think of My Fair Lady, Audrey Hepburn, gorgeous costumes by Cecil Beaton but of course at Aintree today it was a different picture. I can't do a good a job as the ladies on Go Fug Yourself but if they ever run out of subjects to comment on then they should look over the pond at these species. I mean it, in the nicest possible way but some of the women look positively out of this world. I'm not sure if its the tango skin, or badly done hair extensions or a combination of too much flesh bared in the out doors in Spring??? But you can see goose bumps on those legs and its not yet summer... Go figure - at least all the ladies look like they are having an ace time. The shot with the Smirnoff bottle and heels is tres classy (Telegraph) :-D

Comments

  1. One newspaper called it "liverpool day" instead of "ladies day": you're right, they seemed to be having a good time but it's a shame that it just isn't a fashion event anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got to be kidding. I thought that a day at the races was all lady-like suits and huge hats!
    Have these classy "ladies" hit the polo games too....If so things have really gone down since I watched the Gold Cup in England.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there-couldn't agree more, they know how to have a laugh and a glorious time, but their clothes style is not my cup of tea, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the misfortune to see an array of these ladies on the telly on Friday and it left me speechless and cursing everyone of them. I don't know where to begin...or for that matter end. It just depresses me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Be nice and kind - only comments you would be happy for your gran/mum/daughter to read. Thank you

Popular Posts