Summer really is over

Not much sun and fun this weekend - lots of rain here and the gazebo is heaving with the strain of rainwater and no doubt will collapse by tomorrow morning. So here are a few cheerful flowers to make me smile. I love  brightly coloured blooms, the bigger the better!


Wish my garden was full of flowers but the snails have attacked a lot of the vegetation and my sunflower (just the one that survived!) has only started to bud, so who knows if I will get a happy sunny face before the summer ends. Next month I am hoping to be more organised and will actually plant some bulbs ready for next year; crocus's, daffodils, tulips, irises,  alliums. Although I know by next Spring, Thing 1 and Thing 2 will be 2 years old and will take great delight in beheading any blooms with a stick (happened with my sister and her kid). 

Comments

  1. I don't think the twins will do that, I can't believe your sisters kid did, it made me laugh though! I feel gutted our summer is over, but like you, I think we have seen the last of the sun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Be nice and kind - only comments you would be happy for your gran/mum/daughter to read. Thank you

Popular Posts