Spring has sprung


Spring has sprung today and its March! – People are smiling, looking more cheerful, what a difference a few days makes – after a huge dump of rain on Sunday – today it warm and sunny with blue skies. Why on earth did I choose to wear a grey cashmere polo neck sweater, black wool shorts and Wolford opaque tights with tan knee high boots?!?!?

I am now going to have to re-think my capsule working wardrobe – as the colour palette is all blacks, greys, navy and white - Winter is over. I need to work in more colour's to up-date the look for the new season. I have been pretty rubbish posting any clothing info on this blog. Every morning I grab it off the rail – no stresses or worries, and head out the door. I don’t have time to snap a photo and at the end of the day its sorted into the laundry baskets and dry clean pile for the weekend BIG WASH.

The most hardworking pieces I have, have  been the black basics:
Esprit Wool Tailored shorts, BCBG Pencil skirt, Mini-kilt bought from Harrods 15 years ago. Plus a navy/white check dress by Whistles. Strangely I have not worn any of the trousers – I think its because I have been trekking into the office wearing Uggs and changing into heels. I can’t bear crushed trouser legs. I have to admit my capsule wardrobe is pretty big I could probably wear each item once and not wear it again until 3 weeks later. 

I will get shopping opportunities when I head to the Alice Temperley sample sale on Thursday/Friday. I don’t think I could restrain myself to purchase just one dress. I never mind buying past season’s clothes in sales like these, TK Maxx or Bicester Village  . As long as the fit is good, well made and the colour/fabric is on trend for the coming season. 

Colours on my radar will be: Nude, blush, rose, cream – any chalky pastels, mint, primrose, sorbet brights, something similar to an irresistible Pierre Herme macaroon -  These colours would mix in well with what I already have. I can't wait! 

Comments

Popular Posts