Breakfast with the Bennet's

I apologise for the poor quality photo - taken off the telly with my mobile. It's from the BBC series Pride and Prejudice, the one with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle from 1995 (yikes that long ago!)

It's the Bennet's gathered around having breakfast and I have been searching high and low for a similar fine porcelain set for my own table. It's a typical Georgian Green  with gold gilt edge and a simple floral pattern. Not hard to find you would think at the weekly antique fairs D goes too. But still allusive.

I once spotted something very near to this but it was more of a bluish hue at Wimbledon Stadium Car Boot. I wish I had bought it but at the time I was heavily pregnant and tired and ended up buying an Ercol chair  just so I could sit down and rest.

We still have that chair and it's in the kitchen (perfect for standing on to change lightbulbs!). I'm constantly surprised how much Mid Century furniture has come up in price.  Margaret Howell  stock reissues of the Original Ercol designs in her store.


Comments

Popular Posts