Face saver

I've been using Deciem The Ordinary products for nearly a year now and it feels right to give a review and share with you my results  as I cannot rave enough how effective this affordable brand from Canada is. Thank you Victoria Health for alerting me to The Ordinary and for a wonderful customer service. As you can see I have a lot from the range - I don't use them all at any given time but it has been a long process of trying out each of the serums in different combinations to see what suits me.
The other side of the storage carousel but actually does not show up all the products I use! I also have an addiction to facial oils as well.
Currently my daily routine during the winter to help combat the coldness outside and the central heating inside: AM - after cleansing apply 2 drops of Matrixyl-10-HA and gently pat onto the skin. Followed by 2 drops of EUK-134-01 % . Leave to sink into the skin before apply moisturiser . At the moment I am switching between Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream and Body Shop Vitamin E with SPF 30 - it all depends what the weather is like outside to cushion the effect from those pesky winds! 

PM is the same but after cleansing I swipe my face with  Glycolic Acid  or Alpha H Liquid  Rose Gold followed by the above serums and an oil either by Decleor or  Rosehip Seed Oil .

Using this combo I felt my skin had much more bounce and glow during the winter. I have not encountered the usual flakiness and chappiness that I normally suffer during this time. A criticism often leveled at The Ordinary products is that 'pile' up causing little balls of the products to occur on the skin surface. So its hard to apply make up afterwards. My tip is to use less product maybe only a drop to start with. It's so tempting when something is so cheap to splash it all over and squeeze out more from the dropper! 

During the hotter sunnier months (remember we had a Summer?) I used the Buffet and Alpha Arbutin  along with  Vitamin-C-Suspension 23 % HA-Spheres . This helped a lot to minimise my pigmentation from past pregnancies and prevent the dark spots getting darker. 

I loved the Vitamin C for giving an instant brightening effect - my complexion looked lighter and clearer. It's not to everyones tastes as it is initially weird when applied to skin, an odd grittiness and tingly sensation. To combat that, after cleansing I used to spray on La Roche Posay Serozinc and apply a little dab of the Vit C whilst my skin was still wet. I would say out of the range this was the one product that did the most good for my skin. Any redness from old spots seems to fade dramatically. Pores looked less obvious. 

I was also one of those people who was on a long wait list for the Colours foundations - registered my interest in Feb, placed the order April and received in June 2017! 

I sent a thankful email to Gill at Victoria Health once I had received all the foundations. Leading up to the waiting, her informative emails and witty newsletter kept me updated on the progress. She took a lot of social media flak and almost had a nervous breakdown launching such a sought after product on her website. 

See a more in depth review here on how others found the Colours range. For me personally it was a great colour match (2.0YG) which is very rare and once applied it felt like I had nothing on so very light and not mask like. I purchased both the serum and coverage versions and for the price point been impressed with the formulation and staying power. 

twosp x 


Comments

Popular Posts