Squeaky Cheese

I love Halloumi cheese, sometimes I can eat it every day to the point I get worried and google ‘how often can you eat Halloumi cheese’ and lo and behold it’s already there in the searches #iamcrying.

The top tip I heard for cooking Halloumi is to first soak slices of it, in just boiled water, drain off water before cooking it under a hot grill or griddle pan. It gives the cheese more of a bite/squidge (that’s a real word).

Depending how wet it is during my lunch break I go to the following places for my daily fix of a toasted wrap sandwich.

In order of preference:

Turkish Street food stall in Mercer Street
Leon – cos lettuce gives it a nice fresh taste, easy to unwrap and eat but the paper bag gets soggy when caught in the rain #lunchfail
Pure – added sun dried tomatoes add a nice tang to the wrap.
Pret a Manger in last place, not enough Halloumi and sloppy falafel, plus hard to get out of the corrugated cardboard wrapper

If I go over my £5 lunch budget and make the effort to walk a bit further into Soho, I would head to The Breakfast Club on D’Arblay Street to treat myself to their version called When Haloumi Met Salad wrap.

Do you need more ideas on how to include Halloumi into your life?  Click Here 


Comments

Popular Posts