Happy New Year roll on 2018

HNY everyone, yesterday on the first day of 2018 I had a craving for the Mighty salty cheesy snack known to mankind as Doritos... I braved the super sized supermarket store and found empty shelves! Noooooooo! 
There must have been a huge run the night before NYE and I am forlorn. Not even the own brand version could placate me :-( 


So I went home and made avocado sushi maki rolls and Tokyo sandwiches from a great cook book called Twisted. 


A slightly more healthier way to start the new year. But I still want my Doritos! 
I have a rice cooker which makes cooking rice a doodle. 500g packets of sushi rice makes up enough rice to fill generously 5 Maki rolls and 6 Tokyo sandwiches. 
Filled with fillet steak that had been marinaded in Terriyake sauce over night and wilted spinach
The inside of the Maki roll with Avocado and I added in some lumpfish caviar for a hint of saltiness (as it needed eating up lol)


Comments

Popular Posts