January Resolutions or goals to achieve for 2018

As we are safely into 2018 (how my fingers still itch to type 2017) I have set myself some Resolutions.
These ideas seem achievable and the goal is to have a more balanced life, health and wealth and who wouldn’t want that?

Bring into work a packed lunch twice a week

I can never be one of those amazing ‘preppers’ who have a stack of prepared lunch boxes in their fridge to take to work every day. My Pinterest board is full of dazzling uniformed packed boxes that make me *well jel*. Sadly my fridge is not big enough and I don’t have the time at the weekends to chop, cook and prepare 5 lunches plus care for 3 kids. But I think I can manage to bring in leftover dinners to heat up, either pasta or a noodle dish. It will break me out of my Halloumi wrap rut #sobs and there wouldn’t be any more effort in throwing in a few more ingredients to the pot whilst cooking dinner to stretch it out.

Save a Penny

Sound mad but it should work click on the link  for a free printable  chart to help you. Put away 1p then the next day 2p and then the day after that 3p etc.  The most you would ever put away in one day would be £3.65 on 31st December. It all adds up and will save you £667.95 for the end of 2018. Or you can reverse; it start saving £3.65 and then the next day £3.64 and after that £3.63 etc. Knowing there is money at the end of the year to buy the Christmas gifts or festive food will help enormously when it’s so easy to go over budgets to give everyone a good time. 

It’s got to be better than joining a Christmas Club (have you seen those TV ads?). I still have vivid memories of when Arthur Fowler stole the Christmas Club money in the soap opera Eastenders. It was such a shock back in 1986 that such a mild mannered man could commit a fictional crime #impressionableteenager

Going Cleaner/Greener
Last year I have been making sure to use every last bit of skin care/toiletry product before I make a new purchase. It has meant a lot less bottles in the bathroom and I am not wasting my money by chopping and changing when something is on a deal in Boots/Superdrugs. I ignore those 3 for the price of 2 and buy 1 get one 1 malarky!

From now on, in 2018 whenever I finish something I am going to purchase a vegan/cleaner/greener alternative. For example I needed a new eye cream so instead of hitting Estee Lauder or Elemis I chose this  Acure Eye Cream . It’s Vegan, Cruelty Free and approved by  Content Beauty meaning it has met their criteria to ensure undesirable synthetic chemicals are not included.

So far I like the light cream texture when applied, its very light but very hydrating. It hasn’t cause any milia, my bug bear, and comes in a generous 30 ml size when most eye products are 15ml. Emma Watson talks a bit more about Content Beauty here and her journey to become more organic, sustainable and taking a journey to discover what she puts on face and body. If you need more ideas on vegan/cleaner/greener brands there are more ideas in the link. 

I have also switched over to using organic cotton tampons - no bleach, no chemicals or pesticides used. I had been using Tampax for an age, ever since the ‘Tampax lady’ came to my secondary school to give us girls a talk about the change. She gave us free samples to take away and a little holder – get em hooked early, what great marketing! This wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be to achieve as Ocado stocks 3 Organic brands (Kind Organic, Natracare, TOTM). So I have favorited them and can add them into my monthly to my shopping cart.

What are your New Year Resolutions? Leave a comment to share your goals for 2018.

Twosp x 

Comments

Popular Posts