Potion/Lotion



Back in the old day's before babies, I used to have the longest beauty routine ever. A typical day would be cleanse with Clarins lotion and wipe off with a damp muslin cloth, sprizt with Dr Hauschka Facial Toner, apply 3 drops of Decleor Neroli oil, massage into the face, apply No 7 Protect & Perfect Beauty Serum, followed by PX Prescriptives Super Line Preventor on any wrinkle that dared to make an appearance. Then moisturise with Clarins Multi-active Day Lotion. If I had a late night, next day I would slater on Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. Twice a week I would give myself a facial using Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel to exfoliate the skin, then apply a mask depending how spotty I was (still getting hormonal outbreaks in late 30's) Elemis Herbal Lavender Repair mask or Elemis Exotic Cream Moisturising mask if my combination skin was feeling a little dried out. For actual outbreaks, redness or irritated skin I would rub in Elemis SOS Emergency Cream onto the affected area.

For my hands I had several heavy duty creams on the go, to keep the dryness and age spots at bay - but nothing beats good old Atrixo.  Extra stuff for cuticles and OPI Nail Envy for nails. OMG for my body I had products galore for each limb etc. And don't get me started on my hair care. It makes me blush how I found the time to hold down a full-time job and keep a husband....D could never get into the bathroom. To the extent we actually moved to a house which had a downstairs loo, so I could spend hours uninterrupted in the upstairs bathroom. Because of this I was always running a bit late to catch the train into work. I was terrible guilty being one of those women who put on their make-up sat in the train. It's actually quite a skill to have. I relied on Supernatural Philosophy Airbrush Canvas its a neat foundation/powder combo that doesn't spill or makes a mess and pretty fool proof to apply on a moving train. 


Then when the babies came, if I was lucky enough to have the time, I would swipe clean my face with a baby wipe and slap on one potion/lotion :-( Some days I wouldn't be able to brush my teeth/ hair and generally feel lousy all day from the neglect I showed myself. But now things have settled down, my old routine is starting to creep back in and feel like I've been able to regain the 'old me' again. Curly haired beauty is just like her mummy and she now has her own set of lotions/potions (OK I tell her its fancy stuff but its really E45 cream). I guess you can never start too young, to look after your skin.

Comments

Popular Posts